Sunday, January 11, 2009

Week 11

I think. Who can keep track. Full set here

Southwest fashion victims


New snow suit is a tad large


Orange suits her


Thug life, or is that their Vida Loca? Aida and her BFFF Mila:


Also big congrats to my cousin Gwyneth and her husband Matt for the birth of their daughter Iris this week. I think that makes Aida and Iris vice-cousins. Is there a better word for that? How about my cousin's husband? Is Matt my cousin in law? Is Iris my deputy-neice? Dammit, I bet other cultures have more inlaw words that cover this more easily. Actually, I just read the wikipedia page on cousin like relations, there are words, but there is no art to them, thus I will never remember the right words. Anyway, welcome Iris, daughter of my cousin.

2 comments:

Jin Aili said...

I believe that technically they are second-cousins, and Iris is your first cousin once-removed (and vice versa for my relationship to Aida). One-removed because in a different generation. But just calling them cousins is probably ok. If this were Chinese, there would be more specific terms, but not as many as if they were related on the male side (if our moms were brothers instead of sisters). Anyhow! Iris is adorable (pics on my flickr account) and so is Aida! When will they get to meet?

Gwyneth and Matt said...

Thanks Tarik! Iris is excited to meet her vice-cousin one day soon. She's got a lot of catching up to do in the meantime!